Join Us at Vision Expo East 2017 to Enhance Your Professional Brand Presence and Build Lasting Relationships with Industry Peers and Employers.
This year’s event features the most innovative medical and digital advances in eye care, including an extensive showcase of designer eyewear fashions and the first-time series of free Google Talks from Google leaders themselves on how to best use the latest digital marketing tools available in the eye care industry.
Expo East 2016 was awesome, but Expo East 2017 is the perfect environment to network with optometry mentors, peers, and potential employers while learning about ever-evolving eye care trends and gaining insights from optometry experts.
Professional Networking Events:
- Attend a series of eyewear fashion shows by emerging designers.
- Listen to pop-up talks with media experts on the latest in eyewear fashion and dispensary trends.
- Explore the new designer eyewear gallery.
- Join a dynamic Google Connect VIP networking reception.
- Attend a presentation from Google agency developer Liz Austin.
- Take advantage of a series of free 20-minute Google Talks where you can learn from Google experts about how to remain competitive in the web-based world, attract new patients and customers with a strong online presence, and employ search engine marketing techniques needed to compete on every channel available in the digital space.
Continuing Education Sessions with Industry Leaders:
- New sessions this year feature the latest in industry technology ranging from clinical diagnosis and research to blue light and retail technology:
- A new Retail Track brings you the latest marketing, merchandising, and retail strategies from inside and outside the industry, including a "Manager’s To-Do List" miniseries featuring tactical applications of retail strategies and private practice.
- A new JCAHPO Track provides credit opportunities to allied health professionals.
- A new series of Rising Star Sessions features a panel of emerging professional thought leaders.
- A featured program curated and presented by Vision Expo’s Young Professionals Club and other young industry leaders.
- Attend a hands-on workshop as part of a Scleral Lens Track as well as the highly-rated Vision Series, which offers product-specific presentations.
You can always check out these travel guides for ideas on what to see or do in NYC during your stay.
We Hope to See You in the Exhibitor Hall, Where You Can Meet and Greet With Key Leaders in the Optometry Industry—Perfect for Your Next Big Opportunity!
Pencil Us In!
Education Sessions will be held March 30–April 2, and the Exhibitor Hall will be open March 31–April 3.
The full Vision Expo East 2017 Event Schedule and details of this year’s Education Sessions will be available closer to the event.
Young Professionals Club
To save over $800 a year with free exhibit hall registration, plus six free hours of continuing education at both Vision Expo East and West, be sure to join the Young Professionals Club (YPC) today. YPC offers its members the option to attend fun events with industry peers and access resources that will give you the advantage to excel in your career.
Here are the YPC Benefits:
- FREE Exhibit Hall Entry to International Vision Expo East and West, a $300 value
- Six FREE hours of Education at International Vision Expo East and West, a $594 value
- Exclusive member events at Vision Expo East and West and around the country
- Young Professionals Club member discount for Think About Your Eyes Doctor Locator listing.
- Resource lists including over buying groups, consultants, blogs and more
- Discounts with Think About Your Eyes
- Partnership with First Financial Group – Guardian to help you realize your vision and objectives to successfully grow and maintain your business; and protect you and your family’s current lifestyle, wealth and financial security.
- Eyecessorize Spring and Fall fashion kits sharing the latest in eyewear trends, advances in technology and advice from eyewear experts.
- Subscriptions to Allergan OPTOMETRY JUMPSTART®, New Dispenser, NewGradOptometry.com, New OD magazine, and Vision Voice
- Social networking
For new graduate optometrists, you can't underestimate the savings of joining the Young Professionals Club. Let's do some quick math.
- 1 hour of CE = ~ $44.00 (this # is derived by considering average industry prices and AOA member and non-member costs)
- 50 hours of CE required per 2 years = $2,200
- 6 hours of free CE at Vision Expo East Value= $273
- 6 hours of free CE at Vision Expo West Value= $273
- Total Value of CE Thanks to Young Professionals Club Per Year = $546
- Total Value of CE Thanks to Young Professions Club over five years = $2,730
- % of Money Saved by Joining Young Professionals Club = 47%
So there you go. You save $2,730 over five years, which is a 47% discount for continuing education. Thanks, I am going to take that money and put it towards my 6.8% interest loan and save another $1,000 in interest over five years. So that’s a total saving of $3,630 thanks to Vision Expo.