Finding your first occupational therapy job after graduating from occupational therapy school can be challenging. There are many hurdles to overcome and big decisions you’ll need to make when starting the search for your first job.
Looking for a job? Download the Ultimate Guide To Jobs After Occupational Therapy School! 👇🏻
We hosted a Youtube Live on Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 at 5pm PST, 8pm EST where recent graduate and NGOT Publication Director Dominic Lloyd-Randolfi OTD, OTR/L and soon-to-be grad Devin Diedrich, OT/s talk everything you need to know and do in order to find that perfect first occupational therapy job.
In this YouTube Live, Dominic and Devin answered your questions, and talked about the following:
- When should you apply for that first occupational therapy job? Before or after taking the NBCOT?
- Who has the best NBCOT study materials and how long should you study for?
- What is the best way to format a resume and what experience should you include?
- What is a cover letter? How do you write one and do you send it in with your application?
- How do you approach an interview? What are the topics to bring up?
- What topics should you avoid during your interview?
- What is the most important thing to look for when applying to your first occupational therapy job?
- What are the pros and cons of practice settings in terms of pay, flexibility, benefits, etc.?
- Should you apply for a temporary license?
- Should you take a per diem job as an new grad?
- How do you position yourself for the best possible job out there?
- When should you consider relocating and what are the pros and cons?
- How can you pay down those awful student loans?