Ready to learn exactly how to go about your job search and nail any interview? Want to learn it from the pros who have hired and fired multiple times? Make sure you join us in this FREE and LIVE Google Hangout!
We are doing a Google Hangout with Dr. Mile Brujic and Dr. Dave Kading. They are awesome guys, but also are founders of Optometric Insights.
Success: It’s a different thing for each of us. We look at “successful” people and desire to be like them. What would it take for you to be successful? Is it even achievable? We live in an age where success is often defined for us by others who have very low standards. What if the desires that we have while in school could be accomplished in the first few years after graduation rather than over a lifetime of practice? What if the dreams for your business could be achieved NOW, rather than dreading the long road that you need to take in order to get where you want to be? Optometric Insights helps bring your success into focus, and equips you with the tools to accomplish now what others would say is impossible. Welcome to the world of a new insights, the world of Optometric Insights.
Here's what we covered:
- How should optometry students prepare for life after graduation?
- What would you say are some of the pros/cons of different practice settings in terms of flexibility, compensation and benefits?
- How do ODs calculate their value to a company?
- How should ODs approach negotiating with potential or current employers without hurting their overall relationship?
- How should ODs select their most impactful professional references?
- What are the pro/cons of relocating for a job opportunity for those considering doing so?
- How should ODs best position themselves for an incredible job and career after graduation!?
- How do you approach the interview? What are your key points to succeed?
- What are the things to avoid in an interview?
- How should a resume be formatted and styled? What should and should not be included?
- How can new graduates compete?
- What companies are important to know about when transitioning to a new optometrist?