Here are some basic guidelines on how to join Eyemed as a provider.
Step 1: Complete the introductory requirements
In order to become an Eyemed provider, you must:
- Get your optometry license (see our guide that gives step-by-step instructions on how to get your optometry license in each state)
- Find a place to practice
- Get liability insurance
- Obtain your NPI number
- Begin the medicare enrollment process (see our 41 Step Guide to Become a Medicare Provider w/ Screenshots)
- Register with CAQH
See this in-depth guide for additional guidance on satisfying these core requirements. You’ll need to satisfy these requirements to become a provider with nearly every medical or vision plan.
For guidance on applying to additional plans, check out our in-depth Optometrist Credentialing Guide.
Step 2: Begin the new provider application process
Visit Eyemed InFocus to begin enrolling as a new provider.
Step 3: Fill out the form with the requested information
You'll be asked for basic information (e.g., name, Medicare ID, CAQH ID) together with location info.
You will also need to provide a W9 and certify that your location(s) offers the following instruments:
- Appropriate disposal capabilities for medical waste
- Binocular indirect ophthalmoscope/cond. Lens
- Biomicroscope (slit lamp)
- Color vision testing system
- Direct ophthalmoscope
- Phoropter or trial lenses and trial frame
- Stereopsis testing
- Radiuscope or contacheck - required if rigid contact lenses prescribed/managed (if rigid contact lenses are not prescribed or managed, submit written documentation with this application stating as such to be kept on file)
- Retinoscope or autorefractor
- Visual acuity charts/equipment
Step 4: Wait 10 business days for a response
Eyemed will then e-mail you with final instructions.
Please note: The author of the content you just read worked hard to provide you with this article. Even though we try our best, there is no guarantee the article is error free. CovalentCareers, its sponsors, advertisers, staff and writers make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that this article and its contents are error-free and will bear no responsibility or liability for the results or consequences of the information contained within.