We’re nearly through summer, and that means Vision Expo West 2019 is coming up!
Every fall, ODs descend on Las Vegas to network, learn about the newest developments in optometric technology, and keep up with the hottest eyecare news.
This year, Vision Expo will be packed with over 15K eyecare professionals and 750+ exhibitors from sixty-eight countries, so you can be sure that you’ll have everything you need in one place. The show is dedicated to education and innovation, so make sure to check out the amazing networking opportunities, continuing education sessions, and tons more.
BEST OF ALL – Your friends from CovalentCareers and NewGradOptometry will be there as usual, filming tons of live panel discussions and films and producing some amazing content!
You can register for Vision Expo and get free exhibit hall access!
We know the weekend will be packed with activities, but stop by our booth (MS7111) to say hi and snag some free swag! We’ll be giving away tons of great stuff and can’t wait to see you all there!
Education Dates and Hours
|Wednesday, September 18||7:00am – 6:00pm|
|Thursday, September 19||7:15am – 6:00pm|
|Friday, September 20||7:00am – 6:00pm|
|Saturday, September 21||7:30am – 5:00pm|
Exhibit Hall Hours
|Thursday, September 19||9:30am – 6:00pm|
|Friday, September 20||9:30am – 6:00pm|
|Saturday, September 21||9:30am – 5:00pm|
Professional Networking Opportunities
One of the best things about Vision Expo is having everyone under one roof. The truth is, every moment of the expo is a chance to build new relationships and expand your network, but there are plenty of times and places dedicated to meeting and mingling. Here are a few networking opportunities that we can’t wait for.
- On Thursday and Friday, get together to cast your vote for the Vision Choice Awards! You can vote for the best new product on the floor and be entered to win $500. The winner will be announced at 4pm on Friday, September 20!
- Stop by the Career Zone to meet face-to-face with potential employers or prospective candidates!
- Don’t miss the ODs on Facebook party at TAO Nightclub! The event starts at 6pm and will be hosted by Dr. Alan Glazier—don’t miss this chance to network at this award-winning nightclub.
- Learn all about engaging with eyecare through Facebook with the “Corporate Optometry on Facebook” panel and brunch reception.
- On Saturday, join Drs. Glover and Mahgoub for VisionTech: Previewing Emerging Technology in Eyecare with Defocus Media!
Attending the biggest event in eyecare not only gives you the chance to meet and greet, it can also provide amazing educational opportunities. These are some of the most exciting educational sessions coming to Vision Expo East 2019! And keep in mind that if you arrive prior to a course’s start time (and it’s not sold out) you can attend for free!
- Learning the Critical Building Blocks of Your Business (Workshop) – Join business guru Jay Binkowitz as he discusses tips for those interested in opening or buying a practice. Learn what you need to know to grow, manage, and develop your business!
- Innovation Series – Taking your practice to the next level means staying ahead of the curve. The Innovation Series will walk you through the newest developments in eyecare and keep you moving forward.
- Eye2Eye Series: The Leadership Forum: Inspire, Transform and Drive Change with Roberto Monaco – If you have ever wanted to hone your skills as a leader, improve your communication skills, and develop strong plans of action for yourself or your team, check out these sessions!
- Battle at the Sands: Case Challenges in Optometry – In the spirit of high stakes competition, panelists will compete against each other by presenting interesting cases highlighting imaging technology, and the audience decides the victor!
- Myopia Track – Myopia is an increasingly common problem for our patients. Learn how to implement the newest prevention and care strategies to slow the progression of myopia.
Vision Expo is the perfect place to get all the continuing education you need. There are courses and topics for everyone!
For more information, check out:
Between education, networking, and just meeting old friends and making new friends, Vision Expo is a must attend event!