This is a sponsored post by Vision Source and Essilor of America, a supporter of NewGradOptometry & new graduate optometrists! 😎
When Jesse Kahnk O.D. graduated from optometry school in May 2013, he didn’t have a clear path for his career.
He didn’t know what kind of optometrist he wanted to be. He didn’t even really know if he had a job. All Jesse knew is that someday he hoped to have a practice of his own.
In this webinar, Jesse Kahnk OD and Webinar Moderator, Matt Geller OD will take you through how Jesse purchased three optometry practices in 3 months. Also, we will take you through the best private practice and optical dispensary lessons that we have both learned thus far in our careers.
Google Hangout Information:
- Guest: Jesse Kahnk OD
- Date: November 7th, 2016
- Time: 5:00pm – 6:00pm PST
- RSVP: No RSVP needed
- Link to Watch: Watch LIVE on YouTube!
Google Hangout Agenda:
- Let’s jump right into it; then we will backtrack. Tell us how you ended up with 3 Vision Source practices in 3 months.
- Tell us your background in eyecare. Did you ever think you would go down this route?
- Lots of people watching want to be in your shoes, what is your message to them? Is this possible or would you do it all different?
- What’s the most difficult part of opening a private practice?
- We recently surveys almost 300 new graduates and asked them “What would or did prevent you from starting your private practice?” and they 67% said debt, 13% said Lack of Business Management Skills, 11% said Identifying a desirable location, and 9% said access to financing. Can you touch on how some of this is perhaps “limiting belief”?
- How do you manage your optical dispensary to be a revenue generator for the business?
- How do you train and manage employees?
- With little access to optical education in optometry school, how did you learn all the important optical lessons that were critical to your practice? What are those lessons?
- What is your dispensing flow from doctor to purchase? How have you tweaked it for success over time?
- Do you have a “script” for prescribing certain lenses? I ask because it’s hard to transition from student to prescriber and we tend to downplay products that can be expensive but are what the patient needs.
- How do you make your practice stand out in your community? What are you doing to bring in new patients?
For more information, see Jesse's blog article - Here’s How Vision Source Helped Me Purchase 3 Practices in 3 Months.