These are 13 situations when we all wish we had chosen to be firefighters, lawyers or teachers—anything but an Optometrist!
1. When your neighbor calls the office at 4:30pm on a Friday with reduced vision in one eye x 1 week
2. When during a holiday, your extended family wants to know why your aunt's sister's second cousin's mailman's sister's dog went blind
3. When you look at the balance on your student loans
4. When the customer ahead of you at the pharmacy is buying a 10 pack of Foster Grants and a bottle of Visine
5. When your dentist friends tell you they have Fridays off
6. When you see someone with truly awful glasses
7. When you see someone wearing sunglasses over their prescription glasses
8. When you go out with someone and your date tells you they are legally blind without their glasses
9. When you have dinner with your optometrist friends and spend most of it one-upping each other with interesting patient stories
10. When a patient says, "You're just an optometrist, right?"
11. When your best friend orders their glasses online
12. When you open your own practice, view your first reimbursement schedule and see how little you get paid for an eye exam
13. When you give an eye exam to your significant other and they read the letters off "Tiger...Zebra...Violin...Elephant..Cake...Larry."