Optometrist – Full-time/Part-time – Private practice – Altoona, WI
Experienced ODs and new graduates are welcome to apply!
About Our Practice
We are seeking a passionate OD to join our thriving practice. Since 1961, we have been proudly serving Altoona's community with the highest quality of optometric services. We pride ourselves in providing genuine eye care to our patients using the latest advances in eye technology. Our goal is to provide a good experience for every patient that walks through our doors.
Our practice sees a good mix between routine exams and medical treatment and diagnosis. Our doctors have all the equipment they need to deliver superb results, including:
- Icare Tonometer
- Marco Digital Refraction System
- & more
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team and family! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is friendly, compassionate, and efficient.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) and benefits for our full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Continuing Education
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!