Part-time Optometrist or Full-time Optometry Fellowship – Private practice – Seattle, WA
Experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
About Our Practice
Dry Eye Master is a specialty boutique practice located in Seattle, WA that specializes in the treatments of the corneal surface problems, dry eye disease, scleral lens fitting, and ocular surface disease. It was founded by Laura Periman, MD who is a board-certified ophthalmologist, fellowship-trained cornea and refractive surgeon, and ocular surface disease expert.
Our high-end practice centers on providing a blend of high tech, high science, and high touch for patients so that we are able to help them achieve and reach their goals for optimal eye health. Our practice is fully equipped with 2 large procedure rooms, 3 full suite exam lanes each containing state of the line products to provide the most efficient patient care such as:
- Digital Slit lamps
- Radiofrequency Micro Blephex Exfoliation
- iLux and tear care
As our Optometrist, you will be working alongside our ophthalmologist, a lead technician, and a master esthetician who are dedicated to helping you develop your clinical skills.
Seattle is the premier destination for arts, entertainment and leisure activities. It’s ranked #9 in the best places to live and it’s best known for being surrounded by both mountains and water on two sides. The history of its beautiful landscape began where the ancient glacier forced carved the landscape from sea to mountain top resulting in what Seattle is today. Residents in Seattle can spend their weekend away at the wineries, ski resorts, and hiking trails which are all less than an hour away.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. Our ideal candidate for the Optometrist position is someone who has integrity, a passion for dry eye management, and has the mindset of understanding high-end boutiques. Candidates with 5-6 years of experience are preferred but we are open to mentoring and training the right fit!
This is a unique opportunity that can be part-time or a full-time fellowship with the option to join the practice at the end of the year.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of dry eye management
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress using EHR
- Handle eyecare emergencies
- Supervising the hygienist
- Investigate clinical trials
- Other duties can include if interested:
- Medical writing such as writing up data and doing clinical studies, publishing research and abstracts articles
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience). The fellowship opportunity includes living accommodations paid by the practice.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!