Optometrist – Full-time – Private practice – 2100 Little Mountain Ln, Mt Vernon, WA 98274, USA
About Our Practice
We are an established, but growth oriented, ophthalmology/optometry practice located in beautiful NW Washington. Our 5 locations serve our neighbors on Whidbey Island, Bellingham, Camano Island and the heart of Skagit Valley. We have be voted Best of Skagit for many years—but never cease to work to earn this accolade! We provide primary eye care, medical eye services, surgical care and full service optical departments. We are extremely proud of our AAAHC accredited surgery center but more so of our team of well-trained and talented ophthalmic technicians, opticians and patient services staff.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
The main role of our newest optometrist would be available to provide primary eye care, medical management of conditions such as glaucoma and diabetes and post-operative (cataract and cornea) care in our Whidbey Island and Bellingham locations.
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe and fit contact lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress using an electronic health record system.
- Handle eye care emergencies and be part of our call schedule
- Be a part of the medical team, contributing in quality improvement and training activities.
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient and staff personalities
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Committed to our mission of exceeding patient expectations
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Sick time
- Vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance
- Licensing fees
- Continuing education (CE)
- Expense account which can be used for professional journals, organization dues and/or cell phone costs.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!