Optometrist - Full or Part Time - Private Practice - Baileys Crossroads, VA
We are open to new graduates or experienced ODs - Training and mentorship is absolutely available!
About Our Practice
We’ve been serving the Baileys Crossroads community for over 60 years as the experts in vision and eye care. As a family-oriented practice our optometric services are offered to both children and adults and we see a range of patients ages 2 to 90. We are primarily a medical practice so we see a wide variety of ocular diseases, and the majority of our daily exams are medical eye exams. We are known for our reputation of being the most aggressive OD only medical practice in the area. We've also structured our appointments and scheduling in a way to ensure that each patient is able to receive individual treatment and time with their doctor and also that you have the time to complete each exam.
Our team of highly skilled and dependable professionals prides themselves on helping our patients improve their vision and their lives. We have a great group of individuals including receptionists, opticians, technicians, optometrists and front/back office admins who all work together to educate and assist patients however they can! We have multiple exam lanes a few exam rooms set aside for special needs which are all fully equipped with devices such as:
- Retinal Camera
- Visual Fields
- Adapt TX
- RightEye computerized eye tracking solution
- Zeiss Fundus Camera
- Auto Lensmeter
Baileys Crossroads is greatly diverse town with a vigorous community. We have plenty to offer including history monuments, museums, beautiful Cherry Blossoms and a little bit of something for everyone! The city is a truly unique community that is the perfect combination of family friendly fun and a thriving economy that just doesn't exist anywhere else!
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. Our ideal candidate is someone who is super motivated and driven when it comes to their patient care. We encourage autonomy among our doctors, we won't be telling you how you should do your job as long as you're performing within the scope of your license.
This opportunity can be full or part time, depending on the right candidate! We are open Monday through Friday 9am-6pm.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams, medical eye exams and developmental exams
- Diagnose and treat ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress via NextGen EHR
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid Virginia state license to practice optometry
- Interested or experienced in Keratoconus
- Great pediatric skills is a plus!
- Developmental eye exam experience is a plus!
- Concussions and trauma experience is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Partnership potential, if desired!
- 11 days PTO in year one plus 6 major holidays
- Most of Health Ins Covered
- Dental writer with the Health ins.
- CE stipend
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!