Optometrist - Full Time - Medical Practice - Murfreesboro, TN
Open to new graduates and experienced ODs! We will provide ongoing training, guidance & mentorship!
About Our Practice
Music City Eye Care is an optometrist owned private practice that is dedicated to meeting the vision care needs of the Murfreesboro community. We are a caring team of professionals made up of 2 optometrists, 2 receptionists and 2 technicians who are passionate about providing high-quality personalized eye care for patients ages 5 and up. A large portion of our demographic is younger patients who come in for contact lens fittings and dry eye treatments, however our owners do also co-manage CRT & LASIK post op care.
Our team encourages collaboration and partnership in the work environment. As an adjunct clinical professor Dr. Travis Johnson encourages ongoing education and learning opportunities; We do commonly have 4th year optometry students in the office. We want to make sure our staff has the support and technology needed to be as successful and enjoy what they do. We have state-of-the-art equipment in house including:
- Scanning OCT lasers
- Marco 3D wave
- Auto refractors
- OCT imaging
Murfreesboro is home to Tennessee's largest college which is contributing to the growth the city has seen in recent years. We are located less than an hour from Nashville and our city is full of history, family friendly activities, seasonal sports events and great restaurants. With plenty of experiences around town and just a short drive away to bigger cities you can truly experience a wide range of activities in our big "small" city.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a medically trained optometrist to join our growing practice! This is a full-time position that will focus on eye exams and overall patient health. You will not be responsible for any sales. Our ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care, and is eager to learn from our owner and develop their clinical skillset.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Co-manage pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records via Revolution EHR
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid Tennessee state license to practice optometry
- Computer Savvy - Quickly and accurately use our computer systems. Our records are cloud based!
- Strong Desire to practice medically - We do write prescription and treat/handle a good amount of medical conditions
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries of $450 per day with productivity bonuses as well as benefits including:
- Medical insurance
- IRA with employer matching
- Paid licensing fees
- *Bonuses are profit shared with the team, based on the days worked. Great earning potential!
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!
At Music City Eye Care you will find a caring team of professionals dedicated to providing high-quality personalized eye care for the whole family. We value our patient relationships and strive to improve your quality of life and vision wellness through uncompromised service and state-of-the-art technology.Learn More!