Optometrist - Full-time - Long Island, NY
EyeCare Company in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, is seeking a licensed Optometrist who shares our enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, and patient-oriented approach to eye care. Our ideal candidate would demonstrate clinical expertise, basic management and leadership abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills to help our company soar to new heights.
Established in 1979, our practice currently has five locations serving eastern Long Island (Riverhead, Southold, Westhampton Beach, Coram, East Setauket), and is continuing to grow. We are minutes from Long Island Wine Country and beautiful beaches along the LI Sound, Peconic Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean. All of our locations are just a short train ride away from New York City and all it has to offer, including Broadway plays, concerts, multiple professional sports teams, and close proximity to mountain vacation destinations. Our location is perfect for both nature lovers or those who love to visit a bustling city!
We are a fast-paced and high-growth practice with a loyal patient base, state-of-the-art technology, and exciting company culture. We are excited to welcome a new associate to our family who is passionate about providing exceptional eye care and legendary customer service. If you meet the qualifications and can embrace the responsibilities, we would love to hear from you!
- Assess patient's condition by examining the internal and external structures of the eyes
- Test patient's visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes
- Prescribing or administering drugs to aid in care of chief complaint, prescribe and fit contact lenses and glasses
- Use tests and procedures designed to detect and appropriately manage disorders common to the elderly such as glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited School of Optometry
- New York State Optometric License
- Health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Annual trip to NYC for Vision Expo East where all CE credits are paid for by SVC
- Attendance of quarterly CE symposiums paid for by SVC