Optometrist - Full or Part-Time - Private Practice - Oneida, NY
Open to new graduates and experienced ODs - Mentorship & training offered!
About Our Practice
Allen Eye Associates is a privately-owned comprehensive eye care clinic providing compassionate and personalized eye care to patients of the Oneida community and surrounding areas. For over 4o years our practice has been a pillar in the community where we have built lasting relationships within our community which has led to continuous growth year after year. We are an incredibly busy practice year-round and treat a good mix of routine and medical eye conditions and diseases in patients ranging from 5 years old to 105 years old. Our office space does include a separate ophthalmology practice for medical surgeries and emergencies, however, when they are not available we do see a lot of their emergencies . We are extremely interested in growing our dry eye services into a more established part of the business along with a desire to start fitting scleral contact lenses.
Our team is comprised of twenty individuals including 3 full-time optometrists, front desk, billers, technicians, opticians, and optical staff. Our expert staff takes the time to provide the best possible eye care, vision correction and will discuss different types of eyeglass lenses, contact selections and frame styles with each patient. We have 8 fully equipped exam lanes that are ready to go with a handful of devices including:
- Optomap California
- Optovue OCT
- Latest Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer 3
- Visionex System that performs Autorefractor/topographer/NCT/pachymeter
- EyeFinity EHR
Our office is located right in the middle of central NY just 30 minutes from Syracuse and Utica with easy access to the larger urban cities. Oneida is known today for two fantastic cultural attractions: The Oneida Community Mansion House and the Madison Country Historical Society which hosts the annual Hop Fest where you can enjoy food and beer tastings while on a historical bus tour of hop sites. It is a smaller city that feels like you are in the country with a bit of an urban flair that most smaller cities don't typically have. We have a great school system which is wonderful for professionals who are looking to settle down with their family. Our tight-knit community provides the foundation that allows us to put a good amount of time and effort into each patient relationship, which is easily confirmed with our raving Google reviews!
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. Our ideal candidate is outgoing and personable, comfortable treating medical conditions & enjoys being part of the local community in addition to the practice.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid NY state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Medical HSA Plan
- NYSOA dues covered
- Major holidays
- State Licence CE's reimbursed
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!