Optometrist, Full-time, Private Practice, Rio Rancho, NM
Our Practice Mission Statement
Vision Source Rio is empowering entire families to enjoy life to its fullest by seeing, looking and feeling their best.
Why we’re hiring
We are growing! We are excited to expand our team of optometrists from 3 to 4 to best serve our community in Rio Rancho.
About the practice
Join one of the top 10% private practices in the nation at Vision Source Rio! We are a premier Vision Source practice based in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with a focus on integrating the latest technology into the patient experience. Fully integrated EMR since 2005.
We are proud to be:
· An Albuquerque Business First Best Place to Work
· Growing! We grew 20% in the last year and are excited to build upon this momentum.
· A trusted provider of top quality eyecare in Rio Rancho since 1996. Our patients give us 4.6 stars on both Google and Facebook and regularly refer friends and family.
· Dedicated to engaging with our patients online. We prioritize our social media and website and offer both convenient online appointment scheduling and an online store for easy product purchases.
We are excited to offer:
· A state-of-the art facility fully remodeled in 2019
· A high-achieving, professional, and dedicated team
· The opportunity to regularly practice medical optometry
· A team of 3 optometrists committed to supporting you in your professional and clinical development and success
· The moral and emotional support of our upbeat D.O.G. (Designated Office Greeter), Dingo (check out our Instagram to see some great Dingo pics!)
We are searching for a team-oriented, patient-focused, results-driven optometrist to join our team. Recent grads welcome! Expect a focus on primary care and family practice optometry.
Regular duties include:
· Perform comprehensive eye exams with a focus on patient education, utilizing data from Optomap images and Nikon / Marco OPD-3 wave front topographer performed on all patients as the standard of care.
· Engage with patients to form meaningful doctor-patient connections with exam time allotted to fully develop those relationships.
· Educate patients on premium products and full range of services that will best suit their eye health and lifestyle needs
· Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease.
· Manage eye health emergencies
· Special testing equipment including Optovue Avanti OCT with AngioVue. Humphrey Visual Field testing. AdaptDx dark adaption technology for ARMD early diagnosis.
· Understand applications of Lipiflow, Lipiview and IPL technology for the treatment of dry eye conditions & rosacea.
· Ability to fit all types of contact lenses including Scleral, RGP, Ortho-K and all designs of soft lens.
· Provide pre- and post-operative care for surgical patients for cataracts, Yag capsulotomy and LASIK.
· Participate in weekly staff and doctor meetings, occasionally providing education for staff members.
· Attend monthly local Vision Source meetings
· Participate in Practice Management Activities
· Serve as an active member of the New Mexico Optometric Association (dues paid by practice)
Qualifications for the role
· Doctor of Optometry degree
· Licensed in the State of New Mexico
· Team player
· Strong communicator and relationship builder
· Comfort with recommending premium products and a broad range of services to patients or willingness to learn and grow in this area.
· Desire to grow professionally and to support the growth of the practice. Continued personal and professional development are a key component expected of all members of the Vision Source Rio team.
Full-time practice, M-F. Occasional weekends required for CE only. All doctors share call.
Performance-based salary – $400/day or 15% of patient-based gross revenue, whichever is greater. Ample opportunity to earn $150,000+/year.
· Health insurance
· 401K (including up to 3% matching)
· Paid holidays (including Christmas, New Years, 4Th of July, Labor Day, and Memorial Day)
· AOA and NMOA dues (including 22 hours of required continuing education at the annual NMOA convention) - $2400/year
· Professional liability insurance - $750/year
· Materials benefits including an annual supply contact lenses, glasses
· Complimentary eyecare and reduced cost materials for family member dependents
About New Mexico
· Central New Mexico is a beautiful place to live, boasting 310 days of sunshine a year, a mild, dry climate and 4 distinct seasons
· New Mexico offers a broad scope of practice for Optometrists and is among the top 10 states in the country for OD’s. The state also has engaged professional networks including the New Mexico Optometric Association, Political Action Committee, and Vision Source Network
· New Mexico’s cost of living index is below the US national average and offers the most affordable living of any state in the Southwest
· Are you a golfer? New Mexico offers world-class golfing across the state
· Want to travel on the weekends? Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, Austin, and Salt Lake City can all be reached in under 2 hours on a nonstop flight from the Albuquerque Sunport
· Finally, New Mexico sunsets and sunrises are absolutely stunning! It’s not called the Land of Enchantment for nothing!
We look forward to welcoming a new optometrist to our team in Rio Rancho! Please submit your application through CovalentCareers and reach out to Cara at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to getting to know you.