We are searching for a team-oriented, patient-focused, results-driven optometrist to join our team. Recent grads welcomed! Expect a focus on primary care and family practice optometry.
Regular duties include:
· Perform comprehensive eye exams with a focus on patient education, utilizing data from Optomap images and Nikon / Marco OPD-3 wave front topographer performed on all patients as the standard of care. Automated exam lanes.
· Engage with patients to form meaningful doctor-patient connections with exam time allotted to fully develop those relationships.
· Educate patients on premium products and full range of services that will best suit their eye health and lifestyle needs
· Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease.
· Manage eye health emergencies
· Special testing equipment including Optovue iVue OCT. Humphrey Visual Field testing. Marco OPD-3 Wavefront Topographer. Ion anterior seg camera.
· Ability (or willingness to learn)to fit all types of contact lenses including Scleral, RGP, Ortho-K and all designs of soft lens.
· Provide pre- and post-operative care for surgical patients for cataracts, Yag capsulotomy and LASIK.
· Participate in weekly staff and doctor meetings, occasionally providing education for staff members.
· Attend monthly local Vision Source meetings
· Participate in Practice Management Activities
Qualifications for the role
· Doctor of Optometry degree
· Team player
· Strong communicator and relationship builder
· Comfort with recommending premium products and a broad range of services to patients or willingness to learn and grow in this area.
· Desire to grow professionally and to support the growth of the practice. Continued personal and professional development are a key component expected of all members of the Jackson Eye team.
Full-time practice, M-F. All doctors share call.
Performance-based salary – $485/day or 15% of patient-based gross revenue, whichever is greater. Ample opportunity to earn $120,000+/year.
· Health insurance
· SimpleIRA (including up to 3% matching)
· Paid holidays (including Christmas, New Years, 4Th of July, Labor Day, and Memorial Day)
· AOA and GOA dues plus CE stipend- $2400/year
· Professional liability insurance - $750/year
· Materials benefits including an annual supply contact lenses, glasses
· Complimentary eyecare and reduced cost materials for family member dependents