Optometrist - Full-time - Private Practice - Jacksonville, Florida
Experienced ODs & New Grads Welcome!
About The Practice
We are a growing private practice with a fantastic patient base! Our team is committed to exceeding our patient's expectations, as well as fostering a supportive work environment where you can advance your career. Our vision is to provide an eye care experience that is like none other. We have an amazing support staff who will be there to help you transition into your new position. You can expect great workplace autonomy and freedom to develop a great niche within our practice! This is a unique opportunity for enthusiastic individuals looking for stimulating work in a professional and welcoming work environment.
Our practice is located where everyone else vacations and offers a great coastal lifestyle with a low cost of living. Jacksonville is the fastest growing city in Florida, with a young population of professionals and some of the hippest attractions and entertainment plus St. John's County has the #1 school system in the state for individuals who are growing their roots and their families. The city offers a vast heritage and culture to experience with plenty of activities to stay busy year-round including arts and cultural events, live music, art exhibits, beaches, abundant parks, nature preserves, 20+ craft breweries, and locally sourced "farm to table" restaurants.
About the Optometrist Position
An optometrist who is passionate, detail-oriented, and caring would fit well within our office. Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who takes initiative without being asked, has a high degree of accuracy in charting, and is extremely comfortable prescribing high-end products without hangups or feeling awkward. An optometrist who is focused on the medical model is preferred. We encourage growth among our staff members and offer plenty of opportunities for professional and personal growth!
As an optometrist in our practice, you will be expected to:
- Provide patient care related to contact lenses and the diagnosis and treatment of anterior segment disease
- Screen and manage common ocular diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration & others
- Participate in the co-management of surgical patients by providing patient education, pre-operative considerations & evaluations, and post-operative care
- Work with juvenile patients providing comprehensive eye care and identify early vision-related problems
- Provide specialized care to patients over the age of 65, with a focus on conditions such as macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma
- Consult with patients about nutritional supplements to protect their vision and ocular health
- Dry eye management skills are a plus
Familiarity with our office tech is also a plus! Our office features the latest technology including:
- Automated Digital Phoropters in each exam lane
- Optos -Daytona
- Lipi View II/ Lipi Flow
- Cirrus OCT
- KRW -1 W Wave Front Analyzer
- Keratograph 5 M
- Maestro OCT
- Anterior segment cameras
We provide a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Professional Liability Insurance
- FICA Payroll withholdings match
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% matching
- Florida Board of Optometry License
- 50% medical premium with HSA
- Life Insurance
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers