Optometrist – Full or Part-time – Private practice – Chiefland, FL
Experienced ODs and new graduates are encouraged to apply! Potential ownership is available!
About Our Practice
North Florida Eye-Center is an ophthalmologist owned practice that has been serving patients of Chielfland and the surrounding communities since 2005. As the leading provider in the city, we offer a unique eye care experience with services such as comprehensive eye exams, medical diagnosis and treatment, and eye care emergencies to patients of all ages. It is our goal to provide every patient with a visit that is relaxing, informative, and effective, so patients can maintain a clear vision for the years to come. Our doctor utilizes the latest, most advanced eye health technology to ensure the best eye care possible.
Our team consists of an ophthalmologist, the owner who has extensive knowledge in the industry, technicians, and front desk who handle all administrative duties. Our technicians manage pre-testing and sales, which enables our doctors to focus on what they love doing the most, improving the quality of life of a person through enhanced vision. Our office has three exam lates with cutting edge technology such as:
- Humphrey Visual Fields
- Digital Fundus photography
- Contact Lens fitting Optical shop onsite
Chiefland, located in Levy County, Florida, is a charming little city with lots of green space and natural parks. The town calls itself the “Gem of the Suwannee Valley.” There are many unique things to do and places to explore. It’s the perfect place to live if you want to reconnect with nature and enjoy the peaceful, serene environment away from the noise.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is punctual, conscientious, and hardworking. Mentorship and training will be provided by our MD, who will answer any questions and help you grow professionally and develop your clinical skill set.
This is a full or part-time position with a typical patient caseload of 20 patients per day. This fantastic opportunity is available for ownership where you can buy or lease the practice and grow your business the way you have always dreamed!
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Diabetic exams pressure for glaucoma
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress with Athena EMR
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
We reward our doctors with very competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) plus a productivity bonus!
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!