Optometrist – Full-time– West Hartford/Farmington, CT
Experienced ODs & new graduates are welcome to apply! We are open to speaking to gradates of 2020 about future opportunities
About Our Practice
We are seeking a passionate, friendly optometrist to join our team of professionals. Our goal is to provide our community with the best quality of life through healthy vision and sensory function. Our state of the art facility houses the latest technology for our doctors to utilize such as:
- OCT with angiography
- Humphrey Visual Fields
- Daytona Optomap
- & much more!
This is a unique opportunity to be apart of a positive atmosphere that focuses on professional growth and full-scope optometry. Our patient population is all ages, and we see a good mix of pediatrics, rehab, and ocular disease. We strive on teamwork, and our team of opticians and technicians provide full support to our doctors by allowing them to do what they do best - patient care.
We have two beautiful clinics located in West Hartford & Farmington. Our West Harford practice offers an upscale modern office with an in-house optical boutique. Our Farmington office is home to both pediatrics and rehabilitation, where we provide vision therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team and family. You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients.
The ideal OD candidate has:
- Growth mindset
- Patient-centered care
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Float between our two offices in West Hartford & Farmington
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Has a strong interest in pediatrics, special needs, development, and visual function
- A background in pathology is a plus! But not required
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) and benefits including:
- Health insurance
- IRAs with investments
- Programs for eyecare
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!