Optometrist - Full-Time (3-4 Month Contract) - Private Practice - Victorville, CA
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
About the Practice
For 30 years, Desert Family Eye Care has proudly served patients of Victorville and the surrounding Mojave Desert communities. We prioritize taking the time to get to know each and every patient in order to understand their specific needs, ensuring that they receive the best outcome and care possible.
We are looking for a personable, reliable, and hardworking Optometrist to join our supportive team on a full-time basis for the duration of a 3-4 month contract.
About the Optometrist Position
Our new Optometrist will be an integral part of our team! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. This is an exciting opportunity to gain diverse experience in a patient-focused and full-scope optometry role!
As an Optometrist in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eye care emergencies
Optometrist Position & Requirements
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid CA state license to practice optometry
- Average patient load of 25-26 patients per day
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Interest in and ability to work with patients of all ages
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Technology: You will have all of the technology you need to be successful, such as autorefractor, front lamps, visual fields oct, and more!
- Exposure: You will have the opportunity to gain diverse work experience, in terms of both patient demographic and eye care needs. Our patients vary in age from childhood to elderly, and we deal with everything eye care and vision-related, such as glaucoma treatment, eye emergencies, optical solutions, and specialty contacts!
- Compensation: Competitive base salary of $55 - $65 hourly, depending on experience
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here, today through CovalentCareers!