Our office is a modern private practice. We pride ourselves in great customer service and providing a welcoming environment. We generally see healthy eyes and work hard to keep eyes that way. If you are looking to work in a friendly stress free environment we are the place for you.
About the Optician Position
We are searching for a new optician to join our growing practice! Our ideal candidate is someone who is friendly, responsible and comfortable working in a sales role. Your regular duties will include:
- Helping with frame selection, education on lens choices and coatings, frame adjustments, and sales.
- Performing and training new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens from their eye.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, verifying insurance, as well as checking patients in and out of the office.
- Submitting vision insurance claims.
- Ordering patient products including frames, lenses, contact lenses, sunglasses, and more.
Optician Job Requirements & Qualifications
- insurance billing experience is a plus
- Optical sales experience is desired
- 2+ years of optician experience is ideal BUT not required
- Familiarity with contact lenses is a plus!
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience).
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced Optician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!
If interested in this position, please submit your resume Please let us know what days you are available for interview as well.