Optician – Full-time – Private practice – 410 Palladio Pkwy, Suite 1625, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
About our Practice
The Folsom office is located in Palladio at Broadstone, an upscale shopping destination to a dominant demographic of young families and young professionals. This live, work, play environment provides a pedestrian-friendly design that creates a downtown feel for the surrounding 3,000-acre master planned community and the newly annexed area just south of Highway 50 that will add 21,000 homes over the next several years.
At Visually Sound Optometry, we strive to provide high quality primary eye care to our patients while offering a high-end optical boutique experience. We are known for our professionalism, friendly atmosphere, and our constant strive to provide the most up-to-date technology and patient education.
Our staff is well trained with the ability to back each other in all positions within our practice. We provide an open-door policy on all questions and/or concerns and take pride in keeping our staff involved in many aspects of practice growth and change. Leadership within our practice allows for a positive and safe environment to learn and many opportunities for growth.
We are committed to ensuring our practice and employees are at their greatest in order to provide services to our patients so they may always have sound vision. Learn more at www.visuallysound.com.
About the Optician Position
Our new Optician will be a welcome addition to our team and family who is both personable and welcoming to our patients. A passion for eyecare and general patient health is essential to providing the best experience we can!
Ideally the Optician will have three (3) or more years’ experience in the optical industry. Preference is in either an optical store, optometry or ophthalmology office. The candidate’s characteristics should include:
- drive and motivation,
- excellent communication skills,
- strong memorization skills,
- ability to multitask,
- comfortable making sales.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- providing a high-level customer experience,
- smooth patient transition from exam to optical,
- ability to interpret and reiterate doctor recommendations,
- complete full frame selection from proper fitting of frame to patient life-style needs including lens selection, lens coatings, etc.,
- greeting patients and managing office flow,
- frame repairs, adjustments, eyeglass inspection, trouble-shooting, and dispensing,
- accurately calculate insurance co-pays and overages based on vision insurance (VSP, EyeMed, Superior Vision, etc.) and explaining fees to patients effectively,
- authorizing and billing insurance claims,
- verify glasses prescription and notification to patient for dispensing,
- answering phones, scheduling appointments,
- maintain office aesthetics and organization.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 10am to 7pm and Saturday 11am to 5pm. The Optician position will be required to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We reward our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) and includes a sales bonus structure.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced Optician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here.