Optician/Billing Admin - Full time - Private Practice - Concord, CA
Candidates with 1+ year optical experience preferred!
About our Practice
We are a family-based private optometric practice with a strong foundation in our community. As the preferred neighborhood eye care provider, we are focused on the patient experience and providing exceptional customer service. Our team provides a wide range of services, including eye exams, contact lens fitting, contemporary eyewear, and LASIK consultations. We are very team-oriented tight-knit group of individuals who are focused on providing a supportive and friendly environment for both our staff and our patients.
Concord has the perfect blend of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, hospitality, comfort, cultural assets, music and shopping that provides an ideal location for hard-working professionals to settle down, unplug, unwind and explore all that the Bay Area, and the surrounding region, has to offer. Located just 30 miles from San Francisco, our city has a vibe that’s all its own. You can hike to the summit of Mt. Diablo to catch a brilliant view of the Bay, discover a new favorite beer when exploring our thriving craft beer culture or make a weekend excursion into wine country.
About the Optician/Billing Administrator Position
Our new Optician/Billing Admin will be a welcome addition to our team and family who is both personable and welcoming to our patients. Our ideal candidate is someone with a friendly personality, strong multitasking skills, and eagerness to learn! A passion for eyecare and general patient health is essential to providing the best experience we can.
This is a full-time opportunity - We are closed every Sunday!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Dispensing frames & assisting with frame and lens selection
- Performing and training new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens from their eye.
- Must be also open to cross-training in order to fully work-up patients, including, but not limited to: Asking pre-testing questions, performing an auto-refraction, measuring IOP, taking retinal photos, running OCT's, visual fields, measuring visual acuity and more.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, verifying insurance, as well as checking patients in and out of the office.
- Submitting vision insurance claims.
- Ordering patient products including frames, lenses, contact lenses, sunglasses, and more.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Potential Bonuses
- Discounts on Eyewear
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced Optician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!