Physical Therapist - Full-Time - Outpatient Clinic - Las Cruces, NM
Open to new grads as well as experienced PTs - We offer a Leadership Development Program!
About Our Clinic
We are a general orthopedic outpatient clinic providing the highest quality care to patients in the Las Cruces community and surrounding areas. As a physical therapist owned clinic, our mission is to provide quality, patient-focused care in an environment where our patient's needs are met. We provide treatment for all musculoskeletal injuries, as well as pre and post-operative rehab, sports injuries and some neurological injuries. Our patient population is a good mix of weekend warriors, high school athletes and elderly patients. We will see kids from time to time, but it is pretty infrequent and not focused on early development conditions.
We are staffed with a group of individuals with a wide range of experience, capabilities, and certifications so while we do focus on hands-on techniques we do provide services through different modalities. Our team currently is made up of 3 physical therapists, 3 physical therapist assistants, and two technicians. Our goal for the near future is to have 4 PTs and 4 PTAs who are paired together during patient treatments, and with time we plan to progress to a higher proportion of PTs. We are all passionate and fully committed to educating patients so that they can better understand their condition and how our treatment will help them return to their prior level of function. Our clinic offers state-of-the-art equipment that most other clinics in Las Cruces don't have access to including our AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill. We are the only clinic in the state that is certified to use Owens Recovery Science Equipment because all of our PTs are certified in Blood Flow Restriction Rehab. We will reimburse our new PT for their BFR cert.
Las Cruces offers commemorative monuments, authentic flavors, unique festivals, unforgettable landscapes, local events & vibrant culture. It is a great location for younger professionals and growing families who don't want the traffic and high cost of living found in major cities. Our team is similar to the small community we live in because both are tight-knit and supportive of one another. The city offers plenty of amenities year-round to stay busy, is less than 50 miles from El Paso, TX and Albuquerque is only a few hours away making it the perfect weekend getaway!
Physical Therapist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a new Physical Therapist to join our team that feels more like family! Our ideal PT candidate has a desire to learn and be part of close team of co-workers and is willing to contribute and go the extra mile. We are looking for someone who is committed to delivering quality patient care and is eager to learn new techniques and develop their therapeutic skill set while building long-lasting relationships within the community.
This is a full-time opportunity with a typical patient caseload of 10-15 patients per day. We provide "ramp up" time for our new PT to get comfortable with our documentation system and all internal processes. Ramp-up time will vary depending on candidate experience (new grad vs experienced PT).
Your regular duties will include:
- Consult with patients to learn about their conditions and symptoms
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans to meet patient needs and goals
- Participate in community service and education activities
- Potentially supervising and mentoring PTAs
- Portray our core values and focus on the highest quality patient care
- Assist patients with the use of therapeutic equipment
- Teach patients how to perform therapeutic exercises
- Motivate, inspire, and encourage patients throughout the healing process
- Evaluate patient progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Comply with all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy
Physical Therapist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A valid and current New Mexico license to practice physical therapy
- Strong, disciplined work ethic
- Dedication to quality patient care through the entire therapeutic process
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Demonstrated experience with evidence-backed treatment modalities
- CPR and first aid certification is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits after our 90-day probationary period including:
- Paid holidays
- Personal Leave
- Health insurance (70% covered)
- Dental coverage
- $2000 for CE reimbursement towards annual courses, certification & travel expenses
- Simple IRA + up to 3% match
- Short term disability & life insurance
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!