Physical Therapist - Full Time - Outpatient Clinic - Spring Creek, NV
Open to new grads and experienced PTs! (2020 New Grad Friendly!) We offer full student loan forgiveness!
About Our Clinic
Our privately owned outpatient clinic offers many unique services not available in other therapy clinics. Our Elko clinic location has the only warm water aquatic rehab pool in the county, and we are part of a multi-specialty medical group. We provide treatment for a variety of orthopedic and sports injury diagnoses to patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric ages. There is a large emphasis on treatment for post-op orthopedic, balance and spine rehab patients. This is a unique opportunity in a rural community for physical therapists to be able to handle a wide variety of diagnoses in their caseload. With two locations, one in Spring Creek and one in Elko, we are very active in making PT services accessible in rural communities throughout Nevada.
Our staff is made up of two physical therapists, a physical therapist assistant, a physical therapist technician, and our front office team. We strive to make our patients comfortable so that they want to be in our clinic to reach their goals and offer side-by-side evaluation and treatment sessions. We also have on-site access to various medical professionals and doctors (pain management specialists, spine surgeons, and a physiatrist). There is also an on-site mentorship program available that provides weekly meetings to discuss challenging cases and encourages collaboration to implement new treatment plans.
Spring Creek and Elko both have a hometown sense of living and are great places to raise a family! There are plenty of outdoor activities nearby in the Ruby Mountains such as hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting. During winter months you can also enjoy skiing, heli-skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling.
Physical Therapist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for two new Physical Therapists to join our patient rehabilitation team. Our ideal candidate is someone who is friendly, builds rapport with patients, strives to be their very best and is a team player!
We have two open positions - One is for a general orthopedic physical therapist who will see a broad range of patient populations. The second opportunity is for a pediatric physical therapist who will be focusing on our pediatric patients. No specialty knowledge required but pediatric experience is a huge plus!
Your regular duties will include:
- Consult with patients to learn about their conditions and symptoms
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans to meet patient needs and goals
- Assist patients with the use of therapeutic equipment
- Teach patients how to perform therapeutic exercises
- Motivate, inspire, and encourage patients throughout the healing process
- Evaluate patient progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Document treatment plans and progress using our EMR
- Supervising one PTA and one PT tech
- Comply with all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy
Physical Therapist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A valid and current NV license to practice physical therapy
- Strong, disciplined work ethic
- Dedication to quality patient care through the entire therapeutic process
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Demonstrated experience with evidence-backed treatment modalities
- CPR and first aid certification is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Medical insurance
- CE 1k
- PTO 2 weeks in the first year
- 6 paid holidays
- Option for a 4/10 (4 days/10 hours) schedule
- Full student loan forgiveness
- 100% state license renewal
- 100% liability insurance
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!
First Choice Physical Therapy has recently celebrated it’s one year anniversary in Spring Creek. Our team loves what we do and understand that EARLY physical therapy intervention is the KEY that leads to SHORTER recovery times when helping our clients return to heir everyday lives.Learn More!