Physical Therapist - Full Time - Outpatient Clinic - Wheeling, IL
Candidates with outpatient experience preferred!
About Our Clinic
We are a multidisciplinary clinic that has been established since the 1980s with a location in Wheeling and in Chicago. We provide outpatient physical therapy services to a primarily geriatric patient population. We also provide treatment to patients with personal injuries, chronic conditions, acute conditions and post-operative care.
Our advanced team of professionals is currently made up of 3 internal medicine physicians, an endocrinologist, a podiatrist, a chiropractor, a physical therapist, a physical therapist assistant, and a physical therapy technician. Our physicians work closely with local surgeons and other medical specialists to ensure that each patient’s care is coordinated and comprehensive. In addition to our board-certified and highly trained staff, patients also benefit from access to the latest advanced treatments and technologies. We have our own full-service x-ray, diagnostic ultrasound and lab facilities at our Wheeling location in order to provide immediate diagnoses and best results for our patients.
Wheeling, located just 16 miles north of O'Hare International Airport, is famous for Milwaukee Avenue's "Restaurant Row," but this friendly town also enjoys a diverse and dynamic community as well as a unique balance of industry, commercial development, and residential neighborhoods. Our city is home to Chicago Executive Airport and the luxurious Westin Chicago North Shore. Family fun is easy to find especially during the summer months where you can spend time at the Wheeling Family Aquatic Center, which has a zero-depth pool, water slides, playgrounds, an adult spa, picnic shelters, and sand volleyball courts.
Physical Therapist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a new Physical Therapist to join our patient rehabilitation team! Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to work in a team setting, is friendly & personable and has a great work ethic. With our clinic, you will have the chance to learn new techniques and develop your therapeutic skill set.
This is a full-time opportunity.
Your regular duties will include:
- Consult with patients to learn about their conditions and symptoms
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans to meet & improve patient functionality
- Track patient progress; Complete documentation via EMR
- Assist patients with the use of therapeutic equipment
- Lead & supervise PTAs and Techs for their daily tasks
- Teach patients how to perform therapeutic exercises
- Comply with all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy
Physical Therapist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A valid and current license to practice physical therapy
- Must be familiar with electronic medical records
- Manual therapy certification is a plus!
- Strong, disciplined work ethic
- Dedication to quality patient care through the entire therapeutic process
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Demonstrated experience with evidence-backed treatment modalities
- CPR and first aid certification is a must
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Healthcare Plan
- CE Reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays and other fringe benefits
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!