Physical Therapist - Full Time - Outpatient Clinic - Fairbanks, AK
New grads and experienced PTs are welcome! Mentorship Program available!
Pelvic health experience preferred but open to all backgrounds!
About Our Clinic
We are a locally owned outpatient physical therapy clinic that has been serving Fairbanks since 1988. We recently moved to a new location because we had outgrown our last office, and we don't anticipate slowing down! We treat a wide range of orthopedic injuries related to shoulders, hips, foot/ankles as well as sports injuries and post-surgical patients. We provide exceptional patient care in the form of one-on-one 45-minute appointments which allows our team to get to know each patient personally and build long-lasting relationships. We don't have PTAs or technicians on staff so all treatment is with one PT and one patient.
We currently have 7 physical therapists on staff, and each individual brings in their own special knowledge and skills which allows us to learn from each other. Twice a month we have PT education meetings where someone can present a topic to teach or invite other local providers to have presentations on other topics outside of physical therapy. Our highly skilled team uses a variety of therapeutic exercise, stretching, manual techniques, specialized equipment, and education to help patients return to their prior level of function.
Our clinic is in Fairbanks, Alaska and we serve the Fairbanks North Star Borough community of about 100,000 people. People are super friendly and very much community-oriented. Fairbanks is a great place to live with endless outdoor and indoor activities and recreational groups for just about any activity you can think of!
Physical Therapist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a new Physical Therapist to join our knowledgeable and collaborative patient rehabilitation team! We are seeking a candidate who is truly passionate about physical therapy, is team-oriented and is eager to learn new techniques and develop their therapeutic skill set. Our ideal PT is friendly and optimistic and especially grateful to be able to build strong relationships with their patients.
We have multiple physical therapist opportunities available! We are seeking at least one experienced pelvic health specialist (or a candidate who is interested in this specialty) and at least one general orthopedic PT!
Ideally, this will be full-time opportunities however we are open to part-time for the right candidates. We are open Monday - Friday so no weekends are required!
Your regular duties will include:
- Consult with patients to learn about their conditions and symptoms
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans to meet patient needs and goals
- Assist patients with the use of therapeutic equipment
- Teach patients how to perform therapeutic exercises
- Motivate, inspire, and encourage patients throughout the healing process
- Evaluate patient progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Comply with all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy
Physical Therapist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A valid and current Alaska license to practice physical therapy
- Strong, disciplined work ethic
- Dedication to quality patient care through the entire therapeutic process
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Demonstrated experience with evidence-backed treatment modalities
- CPR and first aid certification is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Benefits
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Retirement Planning (IRA)
- Excellent Continuing Education Benefits
- Bonus Potential
- APTA Dues
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through CovalentCareers!
Willow Physical Therapy is a locally owned outpatient physical therapy clinic that has been serving Fairbanks since 1988. Our mission is to provide thorough rehabilitation programs to our clients to improve their everyday function, fitness level, and to reduce pain and prevent injury.Learn More!