Program Chair/Director - Full Time - Montgomery, AL (Alabama State University)
Alabama State University, College of Health Sciences, Department of Physical Therapy invites you to apply for the position of Program Chair/Director. This is a tenure track position.
We recognize the expanding role of physical therapists, complexity of healthcare community, and the ever changing needs of society. Our goal is to prepare physical therapy students to graduate and provide services in a global society. We pride ourselves on providing the best education possible so that our students are able to perform at entry level, are aware of cultural differences in various patient populations and are encouraged to give back to their local communities.
As our new Program Chair/Director you will be joining our diverse faculty and student body. We do have several faculty members who are recognized through local & national associations and bring that expertise to the table for our students.
The successful applicant will fulfill the role of an academician through active contribution to teaching, research/scholarship, and service. We are seeking someone who is a lifelong learner and is dedicated to preparing physical therapy students for their future careers.
Our Program Chair/Director will:
- Facilitate learning in a variety of formats and settings
- Engage in research or other scholarly activities
- Provide service to the institution, profession and community
- Participate in professional development activities
- Function as a member of the Leadership Team, and perform other duties as assigned.
The salary for this position is competitive & negotiable and you will be eligible for benefits including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- State Retirement Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Assistance
You must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Have academic doctoral degree (EdD, PhD, ScD, etc.)
- Experience as Chair or Program Director of Physical Therapy
- 6 years of higher education
- 3 years of verifiable teaching experience in PT Education are required.
- American board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) certification preferred
- a strong record of scholarship preferred
Apply today through CovalentCareers if you would like to learn more about this opportunity!