Assistant/Associate Physical Therapy Professor - Full Time - Montgomery, AL (Alabama State University)
Alabama State University, College of Health Sciences, Department of Physical Therapy invites applications for the position of tenure- track Assistant, Associate, Full Professor of Physical Therapy. The successful applicant will fulfill the role of an academician through active contribution to teaching, research/scholarship, and service.
We recognize the expanding role of physical therapists, complexity of healthcare community, and the ever changing needs of society. Our goal is to prepare physical therapy students to graduate and provide services in a global society. We pride ourselves on providing the best education possible so that our students are able to perform at entry level, are aware of cultural differences in various patient populations and are encouraged to give back to their local communities.
As our new professor you will be joining our diverse faculty and student body. We do have several faculty members who are recognized through local & national associations and bring that expertise to the table for our students.
- Facilitate learning in a variety of formats and settings
- Engage in research or other scholarly activities
- Provide service to the institution, profession, and community
- Participate in professional development activities, and perform other duties as assigned
The successful applicant will fulfill the role of an academician through active contribution to teaching, research/scholarship, and service. We are seeking someone who is a lifelong learner and is dedicated to preparing physical therapy students for their future careers. Experience with neurology, prosthetics, assistive technology, pediatrics, cardiopulmonary, or acute care of complex patients is strongly preferred.
The salary for this position is competitive and you will be eligible for benefits including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- State Retirement Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Assistance
You must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- An academic doctoral degree (EdD, PhD, DSc, etc)
- Eligible for professional licensure in the sate of Alabama
- 3 years of verifiable teaching experience in an academic program
Apply today through CovalentCareers if you would like to learn more about this opportunity!